Travel style : Adventure and trek tours
Duration : 4 days / 3 nights.
Departures : From march to september
Brief itinerary : Lares Valley trek and train to Machu Picchu
Day one : Cusco – Kirshuarani – Cuncani
Our hike begins early in the morning from the village Qeshwarani through the valley of Cuncani.
Before the high pass of Cuncani we will stop for a picnic lunch. After lunch we continue to the highland village of Cuncani, our campsite for the night.
From our campsite, we will have stunning views of the snow-capped Colque Cruz.
Day 2 : Cuncani – Ipsaycocha
After admiring the early morning surroundings, we will proceed around Sondor Mountain to a high pass (an altitude of 4440m), with great photo opportunities.
The scenic Huacahuasi Lake and snow-capped Veronica Mountain (amongst others) are visible from the path.
After a morning’s hike, we stop in a living Inca settlement, where many still farm in the same way that their ancestors did. We continue our hike upstream to the second pass, Ipsayqocha (4550m), where we will make an offering of coca leaves to the Andean Gods. We descend to our campsite near Lake Ipsayqocha for the night.
Day 3 : Ipsaycocha – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
Today we will have many photo opportunities of the Andean flora and fauna. Our descent takes us through the spectacular valley of Patacancha, where everything remains unchanged since ancient times.
After our five hour hike, we reach the town of Patacancha, where we will eat lunch and from there our private bus will take us to Ollantaytambo.
We will catch the train for an incredibly scenic ride to Agua Calientes, where we will spend the night in a hotel.
Day 4 : Machu Picchu – Cusco
An early start this morning assures us the opportunity to see the breathtaking sight of Machu Picchu at sunrise.
We will have a guided tour and the opportunity to climb Huayna Picchu, providing great views of the Inca citadel and the surroundings from a more exclusive vantage point. After a full day of exploring, we head back to Cusco via train for the evening.
END OF PROGRAM
Lares Valley trek prices from USD 420.00 per person group services.
The package includes :
- Round trip transportation by private bus.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English-Spanish-speaking)
- Train tickets from Ollanta to Machu Picchu and Machu Picchu to Cusco.
- Ecological bus tickets for Machu Picchu Sanctuary.
- One night in hostel of in Aguas Calientes town.
- Excellent chef.
- High quality camping equipment (four person igloo tents used for 2 people), mattress, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent and cooking equipment.
- Plentiful meals (morning tea, breakfast, snacks, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner daily)
- Hot drinks including coca leaf tea which is excellent for the altitude.
- Boiled water is also provided to fill up your water bottle, hot water every morning and afternoon for washing.
- Pack animals : horses (for camping equipment and your personal items) including horsemen and saddled horses.
- First aid-kit and oxygen bottle.
- Sleeping bag USD 20
- One breakfast and one dinner USD 20 aprox.
- Extra horse for your luggage USD 90 aprox. for two person
Lares Valley trek recommendations :